Saturday, February 7, 2009

Drawing Two


I have to finish this part of the art this weekend. I need to submit next Sat by noon. It doesn't have to be complete, but I have a lot to do.

I am enjoying this. I forget how much I love to draw.

There is something about drawing a face. It takes a little bit of courage or respect. Especially if you know the person. I started to draw wondering how I could do it successfully, I didn't know. I just did it. That is a sort of fearlessness. I can't say faith, but a suspension of judgement. Just do it. Well, it worked. I tried to observe the reference drawing as carefully as I could. And there is a face.

I am always amazed. When something works, I never feel like I did it, but it just happened, I allowed it to happen. I guess it is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment