Sunday, May 5, 2013


I haven’t blogged for a long time. Almost 4 years. This blog was originally created for my art. I used it to develop ideas taking them from concept to finish. Concept art is something I studied at UTD. In fact every studio class I took at UTD I printed out this blog and put it in my notebook.
The process I learned is helpful to me as an artist of faith. Right now I am in the beginning stages of developing an idea for an art show at Park Cities Presbyterian Church this fall. I have until August to develop a piece based on the scripture Micah 6:8.
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?              
(NKJV)
I started this morning by reading the verse in context of the whole book of Micah. I am insistent that scripture always be placed in context when studying a verse. That means actual context and historical context. More on that later. I have immediately found that the verse has a different meaning than I first thought because it was written to a king, not an ordinary individual, but someone who has the power to change things. I have in my mind a general idea that the verse is a call to radical obedience to God.
I have some images in my mind, but that may change as I study.
My latest works have been watercolors. I am currently trying to put together a watercolor class. This painting seems to be an oil painting. But maybe a drawing or another mixed media piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment