Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What's up?

The art status.

I submitted the painting Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil to the New Texas show. I have worked on it. Struggling with the colors. Since I started school I won't probably get back to it until Friday night. I plan to do a piece for the member show at the MAC.

Saturday I am volunteeing with The Contempory for an art event in the Arts District. I will be working with kids. I really like Diane Sikes who is their education director. I love volunteering for The Contemporary. I just have a great time when I do. It is one of those things I do for myself.

At church I met with the Children's director. I am doing art with the kids at our Freedom Fest on the 4th of July. We talked about me talking on the 5th Sundays. Making them an art time. I plan to meet with some friends to get input and start to put together a team of artists. The youth may be involved, I hope. I am very excited about this.

I am ready to start some colored pencil drawing and watercolor. They are florals which I took with my camera. The dream is to start my own stationery company. The inspiration is my sister Margaret who asked me to do a garden theme.

I was asked through my artist friend Brenda to lend two of my mixed media pieces to be used in Bible study at Christ Church in Plano.

Lots of art going on. Art Ministry lives... Because He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment