Thursday, June 18, 2009

Deep Down in my Soul the Moon is Full


This is a blog cross over. I started this thread on the blog Transitions, which had the title Only Hope Can Know. It was originally All That is Left is the Color Red. I switched back to that title after thinking about it all week.

I am painting the four self portraits from the banner. They are like 36 x 24 ish, I don’t want to get up and measure them, substantial in size will suffice. There is another poem like thing attached to them.
The paintings are a cross over into mixed media and a break though, so my painting teacher John Pomara says. (he is somewhat famous in Dallas, which is cool, nice guy, the DMA owns one of his paintings.) They will be a break through if… I finish them and if... I keep the direction I was going that John picked up on. I didn't see it until he pointed it out. Used the world painterly, one of my favorite art words!

The plan:
finish them before I actually start mixed media in August like I told Greg I would.
The words I am putting on the paintings are:

Deep down
In my soul

The moon

Is full

One line per painting.
The meaning of this haiku-ish poem is simple;
It means I am content even when things around might not add up to contentment. I am soul satisfied.
Just the way a full moon makes me feel, any moon.

I am a sky watcher.

They are so very unfinished I don’t want to post them.

I will post the Photoshop art.
The portraits were taken August 2007. That is when I wrote the two poems. The paintings were started then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment