Friday, August 28, 2009

Advance Painting

OK.

All summer I thought about and planned for mixed media. Now I am taking advanced painting and I have some thinking and planning to do as I hit the ground running...

The assignment is 4 to 5 paintings exploring personal identity. Since I am self portrait mad, I think OK. However, I want to do something fresh and with some depth. So I am going to have to brood about for awhile, some alone time, some letting my mind go time, some sacred direction I would hope.

I wanted to do a mixed media piece about being crushed emotionally by a series of events, being really low and then being raise up in hope by the strength of Christ. That image came to me when my name was called out, the night I won first place at the Park Cities Presbyterian Church Art Show. I saw myself curled in a fetal position as I looked up at the stage and listened to the speaker briefly talk about my work. The Lord said in the still small voice, "I was there with you then, I am here with you now." I thought my next piece of art should be about that. Maybe it is a dyptic. I have done something like that for John Pomara, my professor before called Shame and Worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment